Grab buttons are splashed all over blogs, as a means to direct your readers to other great sites, or to your Etsy shop, or to return a favor for those that support you....in other words, it's advertising.
"Grab a Button!" is often pictured like this (hint!!)
It's pretty easy to customize this for your blog, took me minutes following these steps.
1. You'll need to create your image for the button, making it around 150x150 pixels so it will fit well in sidebars and won't stand out too much (unless of course that's your goal!) I used Paint.net -- FREE graphic editing software found on the web and very easy to use for beginners like myself. Pick an image that's easily identifiable to your site and text that's legible at such a small size. Keep it simple. Save the image file as .gif
2. Upload your snazzy button image to an image hosting site - I use Photobucket.
4. Copy and paste the following code in the text area:
5. In Photobucket (or wherever you chose to store your button), copy the URL or direct link and paste it in both places where the code says YOUR BUTTON LOCATION.
6. Replace the words YOUR BLOG ADDRESS with the address for your blog.
7. I recommend grabbing your own button and adding it back to your site to test it out, but remember to remove it so readers won't think you're COMPLETELY obsessed with your blog. :-)